0431 273 568
CAVES BEACH 2018 TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Members and guest are Welcome
Tournament schedule and results will be posted here.
(entry/draw and membership forms are below)
TENNIS DAY CAMPS
Every Term Break Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 to 1 / cost: $30
MONDAYS WOMENS CLINIC AND HIT
7 - 8:30 pm $15
TUESDAYS ROUND ROBIN
6:30 - 8:30 pm $10
WEDNESDAYS ADV. & INT. MENS CLINIC & HIT
7 - 8:30 pm $15
FRIDAYS JUNIORS PLAY TENNIS
All juniors of all abilities are encouraged and welcome to come.
Time: 4:30 to 6 pm Cost is just $10 for 1.5 hours.
2018 ADULT AND JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
ADULTS APRIL 4/5/6
JUNIORS MAY 18/19/20
MIXED DOUBLES MAY 9TH 7 pm
Finals May 27th
Adult Open Singles Round Robin: Friday, May 4th, 6:30 pm to completion.
Format: Best of 5/no add/with a 5 point tiebreaker at 2 all.
To see who goes into the Finals. We will add the total amount of wins. If there is a tie, the result of the match between the two players....games won. 2 out of 3 set final on May 21st.
Open Adult Doubles Sunday, May 6th, 9 am
Scoring 1 no add set, 7 pt. tiebreaker at 5 all. Wins tallied, then points if there is a tie.
Nathan Luchowe / Jonathan Roennfeldt
Daniel Kett / Boe Kraitzer
Paul Crawford / Jamie Warren
Martin Slade and Dave Hourigan
Lewis Soloman and Ben Ruttley
Andrew Trowbridge and
Finals time TBA
Women’s Singles Saturday, May 5th, noon start.
Best of 5/no add/with a 5 point tiebreaker at 2 all. To see who goes into the Finals. We will add the total amount of wins. If there is a tie, the result of the match between the two players....games won
Women’s Doubles Sunday, May 6th, 4 pm start. One no add set.
Christina and Deva Thera
Julie Rutledge and Leonie Matos
Hayley Trowbridge and Rebecca Webster
Robin Kraitzer and Jane Gabb
Zara O'Dwyer and Judy
Wed. May 9th 7 pm to finish.
Best of 5 no add games. 2 games all, play a 5 point tiebreaker.
Paul Crawford Christina Connor
Derek and Ala Burrows
John and Rebecca Webster
Boe and Robin Kraitzer
Jamie Warner and Leonie Matos
Paul Gibson and Jane Gabb
Noah and Hayley Trowbridge
Daniel Kett and Julie Rutledge
Senior Doubles round robin:
Friday, May 4th, 9 to noon.
Round Robin, no add set.
2018 Junior Championships
Friday, May 18th
4 pm to 6:30 Boys Adv. U12 Singles 3 courts. 1st to 4 games/add
Friday 4:30 to 6:30 pm. Girls U15 Doubles 1 court
2 courts, 6/no add games in total. If 3 all a 5pt. tiebreaker.
Macey Charles and Lily Amos
Eloise Amos and Lilly Webster
Rachel Brown and Rianna Brown
Sophie Windever and Ava Cobett
Carolynn Durand and Selena Holt
Jayda Giner and Torhi Schradder
Friday 6:30 to 8:30 pm Boys U10 Singles 4 courts, orange ball, 1st to 5 points. Wins added
Saturday, May 19
11 am Tiny Tots: Chad and Perry, Isabella/ Mac Trowbridge/ Amara Owens/ Stewart / Lilly Hope/Taylor Hope Lisa and Harry Laghlan Stewart 8/ Ava Hendriks, Oakley McGeachieWright/ Sunshine West/ Diya Thera,/ Millie W. Adisyn Benton, Caleb Sheather,
12:30 – 2:30 pm Hot Shots Girl Singles (orange ball) 4 COURTS
Mia Emma Lee
2:30 to 4:30 pm Boys Intermediate Singles
4:30 pm – 6 pm all courts took 2.5 hrs 8 players 1st to 5/4 courts
4:30 pm-6:30 U12 Adv. Boys Doubles 1 Pro Set to 8 games. 7pt.s tie breaker at 7 all. We will tally the wins 1st.
Thomas Hendriks and Thai Schrader
Tawan Dow and Jai Owen
Darcy Morris and Aydin
SUNDAY CHAMPIONSHIPS May 20th
12:30 – 2pm Adv. Girls U12 Singles 4 courts (orange ball)
2pm Girl’s Advanced Singles
4pm Boys Advanced U18 Singles
3 pm Boys Int. U16 Doubles: 2 courts
Mayson McInnes and
Liam Kraitzer 14 Jared P.
Shayden Moore 15 and Hayden Ellison 15
Zane Pitt 13 and
Advanced Junior Doubles
Documents ya need to look at:
1. Championship entry form for 2018.
2. Membership form for 2018
https://keena.usptapro.com/files/AF1/membership form_ 2018.doc
3. Tennis NSW various tournament information:
Easter Egg Hunt Saturday for Jr. Round Robin, Friday, March 30th, 4:30 to 6.
2018 CBTC Championships in May
Junior Christmas Party, Saturday Round Robin, Dec. 16th, 3 to 5 pm
Adult Tue. Round Robin comp Christmas Party Dec. 19th. 6:30 to 9 pm :)
2019 Sydney International, Olympic Park Tennis Tournament Monday Day Jan. 7th.
FAST 4 AND HOW IT WORKS
Scoring to see who comes out on top :)
A match won = 1 point
1. Main Draw Singles matches will be played as??the best of three (3) short sets (first to 4 games) with a short tiebreak (first to five (5) points, sudden death at four (4) points all) played at three (3) games all.
2. For consolation singles events or if a Doubles event is played, matches will be played as the best of two (2) short sets (first to four (4) games) with a short tiebreak (first to five (5) points, sudden death at four (4) points all) played at three (3) games all. If sets are even at the conclusion of the second set, a Match-tiebreak (first to ten (10) with an advantage of two (2) points) will be played to determine the outcome of the Rubber.
3. A short tiebreak is a tiebreak played as the first to five (5) points, sudden death at 4-4. The player whose turn it is to serve at the commencement of the tiebreak (Player A) will serve two (2) points. The opposing player (Player B) will then serve two (2) points. Player A (or teammate of Player A in doubles) will then serve two (2) points. Player B (or teammate of Player B in doubles) will then serve the following two (2) points. If the score reaches 4-4, Player B (or the teammate of Player B in doubles) will serve the final point of the tiebreak with Player A choosing which side the ball will be served. Players will change ends only after the first four (4) points have been played.
4. All singles and doubles matches will be played using no-advantage scoring, with the receiver choosing the service side when the game reaches deuce.
5. No service lets will be played, meaning if the ball hits the net cord on a serve and lands (bounces) within the correct service box, the play will continue. In doubles, if the ball hits the net cord on the serve and lands(bounces) within the correct service box, either player can return the ball (e.g.; the ball hits the net cord and drops over the net, the non-receiver can move across and return the serve).
6. When the players change ends at the end of a game and during a tiebreak game, play shall be continuous and the players shall change ends with players having to be ready to play within 60 seconds of the previous games completion. Players are not permitted to sit down during the change of ends during a set.
7. At the end of each set, there shall be a set break of a maximum of ninety (90) seconds (Set Break). The Set Break maximum time starts from the moment that one point finishes until the first service is struck for the next point. Players are permitted to sit down at the end of a set.